I read this piece of advice from flowerybooks to comfort, save and protect myself from all the bombardments. It helped me transform my thoughts and emotions; made me aware of what sort of person I should be in my life. I consider these ten advice as set of rules that I must comply with to be happy and content with who I am and what i have in my life. It taught me to take pride in myself and embrace my vulnerability. It reminded me to be more conscious of myself than the world and be my own companion when situation demands. It is important that i remain patient with myself and the others and accept what life and time has to offer; not to disregard things which happens for reasons. I decided to invest more time on building my life rather than being around with toxic people and i could finally be brave enough to stand for myself. I must keep on learning and follow my intuitions with courage and hope. I shall write till the end of my time and leave my writings to live forever along the people on earth.
Ten Things I wish I could Say To My Younger Self.
1.Dont rush things. If there is something you will miss it, it will be the time you have now.
2. Stop wasting time blaming yourself and blaming others things happen for a reason, even if the reason will make sense ten years down the road.
3. Dont stay around toxic people just because you are afraid of being alone. Being your own best friend has its perks, and there’s no one else you will spend more time with than yourself.
4. Be yourself, unapologetically. It may be embarrassing now, but you will learn that there’s nothing more interesting than someone true to themselves.
5. Don’t be afraid of voicing your thoughts, don’t be afraid of calling out people who hurt you.
6. Write. It will help you clear your mind and also distract yourself when you are anxious. Writing will be your best friend.
7. Learn all you can, and enjoy all it want. Knowledge is the only thing that’s truly yours.
8. Be the friend you need, the friend you want.
9. Read all you can. You will find the words you can’t say in the lips of others, you will find shelter.
10. Love yourself. That’s the only love you will have, constantly, and the only love that will stick with you even if you fail.